In 2013 pop sensation, Jessie J, kindly donated her hair to the Little Princess Trust by shaving her head. The charity was delighted to receive this contribution – just as it is grateful to all those who decide to cut their hair. However, whilst the Trust acknowledges the gesture from those that shave their head, please note that this is not necessary. The charity welcomes simply cut hair that is of the required minimum length (see below).
For more specific details about sending your hair as part of your fundraising event, please see below. Please note that we do not have any special relationships with particular hairdressers with regard to covering the cost of your intended hair cut. Therefore this cost would be your responsibility.
Suitable hair types:
- Clean, dry hair in good condition (no split ends) from any gender, and of any natural colour
- Straight, wavy, curly, permed or chemically straightened (in good condition)
- Containing the odd grey (less than 10%)
- Dyed, bleached/highlighted (any dyes must be of a natural colour)
- Layered (shortest layer must be at least 7”/17cm)
- Plaits/ponytails, cut a long time ago, preserved in good condition
Unsuitable hair for Little Princess Trust children’s wigs:
- Hair that is less than 7”/17cm in length
- Dyed an unnatural colour (blue, green, purple)
- Largely/mostly grey hair
- Afro (the wig-maker is not a specialist manufacturer of Afro wigs. The Trust buys these wigs in separately)
- Hair extensions
Little Princess Trust Hair DonationSheridan House114-116 Western RoadHOVEBN3 1DD
- Immediately prior to the cut, please wash and dry your hair. Please do not send wet hair in the post as this will sadly render your kind donation unusable. Please do not add any styling product though conditioner is acceptable
- Have your dried hair tied into a number of plaits or pony-tails, secured at both the root end and the tip end with an elastic band
- Ask your hairdresser to cut your dried hair above the bands at the root end, thereby releasing plaits/pony-tails, tied at both ends. You can now have your hair cut further and styled (or shaved if that is your intention)
- Place your dry plaits/pony-tails into a clear plastic bag (for example a freezer bag) as soon as possible after they have been cut. Place them in a padded envelope and post using a standard postal service to:
- Please have your parcel weighed. The Trust is not in a position to pay excess postal charges and therefore the Post Office will return your parcel back to you, undelivered
- Please include your email address in the parcel, clearly written, using this Hair Donation Slip, so that we can can email you a certificate of thanks. Please note the sending of certificates usually occurs within three to four weeks. Your patience would be greatly appreciated
- Please also note that the certificate is not personalised. In order to spend the money raised for the charity mainly on wigs and wig products, we reduce administration costs by not personalising any of the 2,000+ certificates issued in any given month. Your support, patience and understanding would be most welcomed.